Throughout the entire preserve, you will find 3 distinct areas where classes, camps, programs and events may be offered: The Lake Maggiore Environmental Education Center and Trail, the Pioneer Settlement and the Environmental Studies area.
Before you take a walk on the trails, visit the national award winning exhibit “The Ripple Effect: Understanding Nature’s Connections” at the Lake Maggiore Environmental Education Center. This exhibit is an exciting and innovative depiction that will enlighten the visitor to the natural wonders of the Preserve and Lake Maggiore. As you walk to the trails, you will see our aviary which is home to nineteen permanently-injured birds of prey including an eagle, hawks and owls. Come visit the aviary and see these magnificent birds up close. For that special keepsake, visit our gift store.
Lake Maggiore Education Center Meeting Rooms and Classrooms:
- Classrooms and meeting rooms at the center seat 30 to 60. Room rentals of 2 or more hours includes admission to the exhibit area and the park trails.
- Classroom: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m is $25 / hour
- Classroom: 6 p.m - 11 p.m is $45 / hour
- Meeting Room / Amphitheater: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. is $15 / hour
- Meeting Room: 6 p.m. - 11 p.m. is $35 / hour hour
Available to Rent
- Meeting Room
- Back Deck
- Park Rentals