Adult and Senior Programs
Through adult and senior programming, we enrich the lives of our citizens in St. Petersburg and the lives of their family and community through education, exercise, entertainment and activities that increase quality of life. Five of our recreational centers offer programs and services with a focus in adult and senior recreation that provide a fun, social and active environment that meets the needs of the community.
We strive to provide to introduce new recreation and cultural opportunities, develop and active and engaged community, and offer adaptive activities for individuals at all ages.
Find a Class for You
Search and register online for adult and senior programs and classes:
Upcoming Senior Events
Check out these events focused on older adults:
Adult & Senior Centers
Centers that offer adult & senior programming:
- Azalea Recreation Center
- Bay Vista Recreation Center
- Enoch Davis Recreation Center
- Roberts Recreation Center
- Sunshine Senior Center
Office On Aging
Located at the Sunshine Senior Center, the Office On Aging acts as an advocate on behalf of elders as well as an educational resource to the aging network. The Office On Aging also oversees operations of two multiservice centers and three centers that offer adult programs.
Services provided at the Office On Aging:
- Notary Service
- Administration of fee waiver programs
- Serving Health Insurance Needs of the Elderly (SHINE) counseling
- AARP Foundation employment training & counseling
- Legal services & assistance
- Neighborly Care Network congregate meals
- Neighborly Care Network Meals on Wheels
- Pinellas Opportunity Council provides financial assistance for utility bills and rent at the Enoch Davis Center
Looking for a fun way to spend an evening with friends? Our Athletic Division provides several fun and competitive adult athletic leagues of varying skill levels.
Adult athletic leagues offered by our Athletic Division:
- Men's & Coed Softball League
- Men's Flag Football League
- Men's 18+ & 40+ Basketball Leagues
- Coed Kickball League
The annual Senior Hall of Fame awards ceremony preserves and fosters an appreciation for senior volunteers by honoring a select group of volunteers, 62 years of age or older, in the city of St. Petersburg for their significant contributions toward enriching the quality of life for others.
Those chosen for induction are role models for leading meaningful, vibrant lives, and their compelling stories demonstrate their commitments to causes, organizations and to our community at large.
We offer fitness classes and health and wellness programs at recreational centers throughout the city. The Healthy St. Pete Division is just one way we are engaging and empowering the community to eat, play, shop and live healthier.