Make a Splash
Water provides plenty of activities for all ages, but it's important to practice water safety, especially when living in a coastal community, such as St. Petersburg.
According to the Florida Department of Health, "Florida leads the country in drowning deaths of children ages 1-4 years."
Learning to swim is an important factor in practicing water safety.
- FREE SWIM LESSONS available for individuals who qualify for fee assistance.
- Instructors: Lessons are taught by Water Safety Instructors certified by the American Red Cross.
Give the Gift of Swim Lessons
Make a gift and save a life. Donate to our Swim Lesson Program to help provide children in need of financial assistance with swim lessons taught by certified instructors.
If donating from your phone:
- 1. Click the donations button above.
- 2. You will be redirected to our Parks & Rec Connect site, and then click the menu icon in the left corner.
- 3. Tap on the words "Full Site" at the bottom in blue text.
- 4. The site will reload and then click the menu icon once again.
- 5. Click the donations.
We appreciate our community's support!
The following information is required for registration:
- Valid Driver License or State ID
- Completed Hold Harmless Agreement
Find a Pool
Available to all levels and ages 6 months and older.
Only $39 full price per session.
Scholarships and fee assistance are available for qualifying families.
- Online registration is available for the following sessions:
- Session 1: May 30 - June 8*
- In-person registration only begins May 15 at 8:30 a.m.
- Register in-person at any City recreation center as well as the following aquatics facilities: E.H. McLin Pool (2:00 PM - 6:30 PM), Northwest Pool (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM), North Shore Aquatic Complex (8:30 AM - 4:00 PM), and Walter Fuller Pool (2:00 PM - 6:30 PM).
- Session 2: June 12 - 22
- Registration begins June 8 at 8 a.m.
- Session 3: June 26 - July 6*
- Registration begins June 22 at 8 a.m.
- Session 4: July 10 - 20
- Registration begins July 6 at 8 a.m.
- Session 5: July 24 - August 3
- Registration begins July 20 at 8 a.m.
REGISTER online or in-person.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
Swim Lesson Calendar
Summer Swim Lesson Schedule
Lessons are offered Monday - Thursday in the morning and evenings at neighborhood pools and North Shore Aquatic Complex.